Bhimtal, Emerald trail, Emerald Trail Bhimtal, Leena Lele, resorts, Sreeni, Srini, Sumith Datta, Travel
It was a wonderful trip of friends and their families who have known one another for the last 18 years.
And the destination was Emerald Trail, created by another set of friends Sumit Datta and Leena Lele at Bhimtal!
Here, I tried to capture Emerald Trail in all its essence, along with its immediate contextual environment – socio-cultural-physical-natural milieu.
A beautiful creation through sweat and toil. It is home away from home, in the rustic, pristine environment to recharge and relaunch oneself.
Apart from the peaceful environs that rejuvenates you and can give you time to think and initiate yourself in many a creative pursuit, you can
– Walks into the woods,
– go on trekks if you are adventurous
– taking off the skyway with parasailing if you are adrenaline-umped
– drenching yourself in nearby water streams
– go boating in so many lakes nearby
– if you love nature, then good-friend Peter’s butterfly research centre is a great place to invest for half a day
Emerald Trail – A home away from home, for all that and Bhimtal go to the set on Flickr.
I have been a regular visitor to Bhimtal and environs for the last two decades, but missed being here. I admire your vision and execution to create this space, Sumit and Leena. I dream, and you did. Would love to hear more stories about the creation from you.
Like my Facebook Photo and Visual arts Page
– Indus Art Gallery, Campus – Indus World School of Business, Greater Noida
Display / Collections
– At my Alma mater : Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
– Various schools of Indus World School chain
– Private collections
Recent Publications featuring my work and in Media [know more]
– The India Idea, Wisdom Tree publications for Ministry of External Affairs, Public diplomacy division, Aug 2011
– Penguin India, Top 5 “India through my Lens” 2011
– Femina Magazine, Anniversary issue, October 14, 2011
– Photographs featured with poetry in the book Hindustani Poems ‘Shayad, Yaheen kaheen se ho’ by Satya, April 27, 2012
– Photos being published in a coffee table book format on Rajasthan and India, coming up Jan 2013